Monday, August 12, 2013

Mixology 101...?

I am a master mixologist…. Even if I do say so myself!

I’ve become bored with Rum and Coke, Vodka and Orange, even Vodka and Red Bull… they are so blasé nowadays, don’t you think? Everybody drinks the same thing, it seems - whatever the recent favorite is of the rich and famous. Ha, but not me, (okay maybe a little, I did mention Red Bull and Vodka didn’t I?) I have become, yes, a mixologist. But only in my kitchen.

What this actually means is that I go to my kitchen, stand on the stool so I can reach the alcohol cupboard, which for some reason is really high up, and take out a number of different alcoholic beverages…. And begin to mix! Sometimes the resulting concoctions are not as nice as you would expect them to be – for example Captain Morgan Tattoo Rum and orange juice is bloody awful! Don't say I didn't warn you.

But this weekend I have found a winner…. Drum roll please…

Mango and Passion Fruit Vodka with Club Soda and a slice of Grapefruit. Yes, that’s right, I said grapefruit – which you squeeze into the drink just before you drink it. Oh yum.. you can hear angels singing with your first sip and they just get louder the more you drink (or was that just ‘cos I was getting drunk?)


It's the absolute perfect drink for either a night out or while sitting by the pool AND ladies... the vodka is a skinny version - only 78 calories per drink. My vodka of choice was Smirnoff Vodka Sorbet Light Mango Passionfruit. And it's absolutely wonderful.

Smirnoff Vodka Light

Oh, and on a side note, I would like to say hello to everyone at Smirnoff - I love your product (hmmm... maybe I will get a few samples in the mail)...

kisses,

No comments:

Post a Comment